Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Puzzle Plank Galaxy - Puzzling Picture Block

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!

We return to Puzzle Plank to get another Star. I went through the first few planets like in the last star, but failed the Musical Note and ? Coin challenges. On the planet with the hungry Luma, there are a set of blocks on the underside of the planet with ground pound symbols. Pounding them sends them to the other side, to allow you to reach the Launch Star. We reach the midgate and things start to get hairy. There are saws on the planet, which carve out chunks of the planet and send them falling away. I fell through one of the holes.

Take 2- I found and got the Comet Medal on a ledge about to be cut away. I reached the next area of the planet and got hit by a saw. I got a 1-up, but jumped off the planet trying to dodge a saw.

Take 3- I got the Medal, but was knocked off after hitting a saw.

Take 4- I got the Medal too late, so I couldn't jump back on the planet. You can ride the platform down a ways, and it will stop. It will soon disappear from under you, so get off quickly.

Take 5- This is getting aggravating, and we're only in the 2nd part of the game. I missed the Medal because I hit the saw. After getting the 1-up, I got off too late from one of the platforms.

Take 6- I got the Medal and the 1-up. I was hit by a saw, but it wasn't the kiss of death. I reached the end of the planet. At the end, pounding the red switch makes a Sling Star appear. I bought a Life Shroom from a Luma Shop. Surely this must be an intense and difficult battle! We launch and land on a block planet. It is a scrambled puzzle. On the sides of the puzzle, there are ground pound symbols. We must pound them to align the panels into the picture. The first panel we pound is the head, then the right side, and finally the left. Once a panel is in place, it briefly glows and we hear a jingle. Once the puzzle is complete, it glows and forms a picture of a bug. A towered Mandibug duo lands on the puzzle. What? I bought a Life Shroom for this? I don't need to be so powered up. I am hit by the enemy once. To defeat, we must pound the Mandibugs. I take out the top one and the one on the bottom screams, turns red, and starts moving faster. We pound the remaining bug, and it explodes into the Star. In terms of mission objectives, Puzzle Plank is much like Honeyhive in Galaxy, minus the bees.

Star Get #14, 8 Comet Medals, 432 Star Bits, 12 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment