Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spin-Dig Galaxy - Silver Stars Down Deep

Detecting anomaly. Void Marios. -Transmission 14

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!

We return to the galaxy. A sign warns of more Cosmic Clones. We have to search for something that will trigger their disappearance. We crack the crystal containing a Sling Star, which makes them disappearance. Killing the Piranha Plant releases a vine to the Bonus Stage and a pipe. I completed the Bonus Stage, but I warped before I could collect the 1-ups. After going down the green pipe, we get a drill in a box. We reach another green pipe. There are yellow drills and Amps, and I take damage from both. Going through the yellow pipe leads us to launch to a BLUE Starshroom. Blue Toad mentions that there are Silver Stars on the next planet. This is one of MANY Silver Star missions in the game. I think the number rivals, if not exceeds, the number of Silver Star missions in Super Mario 64 DS. (There were only a couple in Galaxy.) The basic objective is to collect all 5 Silver Stars. They will combine to form a Star.

We launch to the planet and pick up a drill. I found the first one just by walking around the planet, which is another 2D sidescroller. I found the 2nd by drilling in an area to the right of the platform we landed on. It sends us to the other (left) side of the planet into a pocket where the Star is located. This type of view is another 2D sidescroller, which makes it look like an ant farm. I walked around to the right to the edge and drilled to the 3rd. Regardless of where you dig, the gravity will pull you down, so you can only drill back to the side you landed on from launching. I found the last 2 in the same pocket just a little to the left of the 1st drill site. The Silver Stars swirl around Mario and come together to form a Star.

Star Get #7, 483 Star Bits, 222 Coins, 20 Lives

Do my eyes deceive me? - Transmission 14

Interlude

Mario lands in the engine room. There is a Spin Drill in a dome, which is what the seven tiles on the floor are for, instead of Grand Stars. Lubba has taken an interest in our new item, saying we shouldn't drill through our "faceship" or it will get a headache. He also tells us Green Toad is collecting Star Bits for safekeeping. We talk to Green Toad, who has 100 Star Bits to share or hold. I deposited all of my Star Bits with him. The deposited Star Bits can be shared with other gamers through the files, but since it seems I'm the only one playing the game at the Archive, I'll just let him hold them for safekeeping. He gives us 2 1-ups and calls himself our local banktoad.

No comments:

Post a Comment