Monday, March 14, 2011

Big Boo's Haunt - Ride Big Boo's Merry-Go-Round

N64
I decided to get 100 Coins in this mission. I got lots of Blue Coins from Mr. I and Boos. I also wall-jumped up to the third floor for the Blue Coin Switch. We can get more coins from the spiders outside as well as an item block and a crazy block.
Star Get #33, 100 Coins, 4 Lives
For the mission, we went into the small house to the left of the mansion. We take the elevator down to a flooded hallway. We go through two doors and find ourselves near the merry-go-round. We hear the carousel music and go through the door. There are several pictures of Boos, one of which spews fire, and the floor rotates. Boos will come out of the pictures, so we defeat them. After we kill all five, we hear a chime and Big Boo comes out. There is a slight glitch, in that before we land a ground pound, Big Boo will react as if he took a hit. We get in three hits to defeat him and the Star appears. The floor stops moving and the Star appears in front of one of the doors.
Star Get #34, 125 Coins, 6 Lives
Nintendo DS
I decided to get 100 Coins in this mission, as well. I got five from the crazy box. I got more coins from the item block and the spiders. I went through the back door to find the Boos that appear through the painting, and found one wearing a green cap. Luigi must be near! I don't need it for now, so I let it be. I got more Blue Coins from Mr. I. Another Boo in the house is wearing a green cap, and I accidentally picked it up and turned into Luigi. I took three hits from a Boo and lost the cap. In the foyer, a Bob-omb Buddy says "Green caps are all the rage now. I see them everywhere! In fact, I think I just saw one!", drawing our attention to the map. We go up to teh second floor and take out another Mr. I. Through the second door to the right, we find a Power Flower and float to the third floor. Through that door, we find a picture of Luigi! We'll deal with that a little later, but now we know where to find him. There is a Blue Coin Switch up there, as well. We leave the mansion and go to the small house to the right. We take damage from the Mr. I and defeat him for another Blue Coin. We fall through the elevator shaft (we tripped it while trying to run around Mr. I) and take damage. We go through the flooded hallways and reach the carousel. We take 5 hits from the Boos and get the 100 Coin Star.
Star Get #39, 102 Coins, 4 Lives
We take out all five Boos and Big Boo appears with the chime. Beating him is easy- we take him out with 3 ground pounds, and he glitches once. The Star appears in the doorway.
Star Get #40, 112 Coins, 6 Lives
The next Star is Secret of the Haunted Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment