Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bunnies of the Castle - Part 1

N64
After we get the key from Bowser, we can go into the basement. We go through the door to the corridor where Boo is and go downstairs instead of into the courtyard. We then go through the wooden door at the bottom of the stairs. We find ourselves in a dark hallway with flames. We find Toad in a corner to the left, and he says "Wow! You've already recovered that many Stars! Way to go, Mario! I'll bet you'll have us out of here in no time! Be careful, through. Bowser and his band wrote the book on "bad." Take my advice: when you need to recover from injuries, collect coins. Yellow Coins refill one piece of the Power Meter, Red Coins refill 2 pieces, and Blue Coins refill five. To make Blue Coins appear, pound on Blue Coins Blocks. Also, if you fall from high places, you'll minimize damage if you Pound the Ground as you land." If we wander farther into the basement, we find a rabbit hopping around. We chase it for a while around the partially flooded hallway until we catch it the corner near Shifting Sand Land. It's name is MIPS and he says "Yeeoww! Unhand me, brute! I'm late, so late, I must make haste! This shiny thing? Mine! It's mine. Finders, keepers, losers... Late, late, late... Ouch! Take it then! A gift from Bowser, it was. Now let me be! I have a date! I cannot be late for tea!" A Star appears. Star Get #39, 5 Lives He sounds like he might have been the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, but MIPS isn't white.
Nintendo DS
After we talked to Toad in the Rec Room, bunnies will start appearing around the castle. We won't be catching most of them, because I already have access to the keys and the minigames from my other files. I will provide the available locations and some of their dialogue. Each character has their own set of rabbits to catch, which are color-coded. Here are the ones we have access to at this point.


Yoshi (Yellow Rabbits)



  • There are three rabbits in front the bridge over the moat to the castle door. They will run in three separate directions.
  • Outside the castle, over the bridge to the left, there is a rabbit in a nearby flower patch.

  • There is another rabbit in the basement in front of the Lethal Lava Land painting.

Because Yoshi picks things up with his tongue, he nearly eats the rabbits to catch them. They say "Noooo! Don't eat me! I'm really tought from all the running I do. Seriously. I'd taste horrible. Let me go and I'll give you this." Yoshi will spit out the rabbit, which will say "Aiyeeeee! I thought I was going to die! My entire life flashed before my eyes. Here, tkae the key and leave me alone!" We are given a key like the one we used to get into the castle. We get a message: "You retrieve a key to the drawer fo Princess Toadstool's Rec Room! Now you can play new mini-games. Do you want to save? Save and continue / Save and play mini-games / Continue, don't save

If we talk to the rabbit again, it says "Please let me go. I promise I won't play a prank on you... At least, I won't for a while. My buddies are pros at hiding. You'll have a hard time finding us by yourself. Let someone else look for a change." The rabbits will be there everytime you go outside, regardless of whether you caught them. If you catch one again, it says "What part of "I'm not your lunch" do you not understand? I already gave you the key! Put me down!" After Yoshi spits it out, it says "I'm not chow. How many times do I have to tell you that? I know I'm irresistibly cute, but try to restrain yourself!"
Mario (Pink Rabbits)
  • There is a rabbit in the Jolly Roger Bay room.

  • There are 2 rabbits in the basement in the flooded hallway in front of the Lethal Lava Land painting.

  • When we catch one, it says "Ouch! Put me down! There's no need for violence, you big brute! I picked up the key, so it's mine. I don't see YOUR name on it. But I'll hand it over if you let me go. Here!" It will say the same thing about having someone else look if you talk to it again. If we catch it again, it says "Owww! Put me down, you horrible rabbit grabber! I already gave you back the key I sto--I mean, found!"


    Luigi (Green Rabbits)



    • There is a rabbit in the room with Mario's painting.

    • There's one in the Bob-omb Battlefield room.

    • There's another one in the courtyard in an alcove above the doorway.

    When Luigi catches a rabbit, it says "I can't believe you caught me! Outrun by a human! This is the worst day of my life. Here, take the key." If you catch one again, it says "Oh, no. I can't believe I got caught again. And by such a nobody! This is really starting to damage my self-esteem." Luigi gets no respect from the NPCs in this game.


    There are more rabbits to find. They will not appear on the Touch Screen map. As more areas become accessible, we will be able to catch more rabbits. We'll have to check back with different characters as we open up more areas.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment