Friday, March 4, 2011

Cool, Cool Mountain - Li'l Penguin Lost

N64
At the top of the mountain near the cabin is the lost penguin. We pick it up and it starts crying. We slide with it down the mountain and take damage from the snowmen. If Mario gets hurt while carrying the penguin, he will drop it, so be careful and pick up the penguin immediately. At the base of the mountain, in the lake by the cabin, we find a large penguin. It is crying, but when we hand over the penguin, says "Youo found my precious, precious baby! Where have you been? How can I ever thank you, Mario? Oh, I do have this... ...Star. Here, take it with my eternal gratitude. The Star comes out of the mother penguin's back.
Star Get #24, 13 Coins, 11 Lives

Nintendo DS
By this point, you should have gotten Mario. You need him for this mission. To be exact, you can't use Yoshi (as himself) here. If he tries to pick up the penguin (by eating it), the penguin will say "Ayiiieee! Please don't eat me. I promise that I don't taste good. Plus, I'll give you cavities." Yoshi will then spit the penguin out. We enter the course as Mario and grab the penguin. Unfortunately, the warp at the top of the mountain doesn't work when you're holding the penguin. Fortunately, with the map on the Touch Screen, we can determine a place where we can jump off the mountain and land near the mother penguin to make our lives easier. We pound the ground to avoid taking damage, but we let go of the penguin. We pick it up again and deliver it to the mother penguin, who stands outside the lake. She tells us "You found my precious, precious baby! Where have you been? How can I ever thank you? Oh, I do have this Star. Here, take it with my eternal gratitude." The Star appears from her stomach.
Star Get #28, 0 Coins, 4 Lives
The next Star is Big Penguin Race.

1 comment:

  1. The real baby penguin is named Tuxie. Also, both of the baby penguins are girls.

    ReplyDelete