Friday, March 4, 2011

Cool, Cool Mountain - Big Penguin Race

N64
When we go through the chimney, we find a penguin at the start of the slide while the slide music plays. It says "Hey-ey, Mario, buddy, how zit goin'? Step right up. You look like a fast sleddin' kind of guy. I know speed when I see it, yes siree -- I'm the world champion sledder, you know. Whaddya say? How about a race? Ready... Go/Don't go
This mission took me several tries- 28 in total. I kept falling off the slide and dying. I tried taking the secret path, but at the end, the Penguin said "Whoa, Mario, pal, you aren't trying to cheat, are you? Shortcuts aren't allowed. Now, I know that you know better. You're disqualified! Next time, play fair!" Oh, well, let's try that again.
When I finally made it, the penguin said "You brrrr-oke my record! Unbelievable! I knew that you were the coolest. Now you've proven that you're also the fastest! I can't award you a gold medal, but here, take this Star instead. You've earned it!"
What is with penguins mentioning that we deserve gold medals, but giving us Stars?
Star Get #25, 38 Coins, 4 Lives

Nintendo DS
We find the penguin at the beginning of the slide, but he doesn't greet us by name. He says "I'm the world-champion sledder!!! I may be bulky, but I'm very fast! How about a race? Ready... Go!!/ No thanks
We start the race. I beat him on my third try, but fell off the slide my first two tries. He says "You brr-oke my record! Unbelievable! I heard you were the coolest. Now you've proven that you're also the fastest! I can't give you a gold medal, but here, take this Star instead. You've earned it!" The Star appears behind him.
Star Get #29, 69 Coins, 3 Lives
The next Star is Frosty Slide for 8 Red Coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment