Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cool, Cool Mountain - Slip Slidin' Away

Cool, Cool Mountain is the fourth course.
N64
We find ourselves in a room with three paintings of snowmen. We go through the middle one. When we land on this wintery floating island, we get a message: "Snow Mountain Summit Watch for slippery conditions! Please enter the cttage first." We check out the sign near the cottage which says "Santa Claus isn't the only one who can go down a chimney! Come on in -- Cabin Proprietor"
We climb in through the chimney. Inside is an enormous slide and the sliding music starts playing. We start sliding and go through the secret passageway near the first wall marked with a line of coins going into it. We hear a chime and get a 1-up on the way. We land on the ledge in the cabin at the base of the mountain. There is an item block with a 1-up on the ledge. We go out the door and the Star appears.
Star Get #23, 16 Coins, 11 Lives
I later came back to get 100 Coins. I got them by getting most of the coins on the slide, which brought me 71 coins. I warped back up the mountain and slide down the slope for the remaining coins.
Star Get #29, 103 Coins, 3 Lives

Nintendo DS
We're going to get the 100 Coin Star in this mission. We get the same message upon entering. But first, we're going to slide down the mountain first for coins. I got a couple of Red Coins and took three hits from snowmen and a Goomba. I then warped to the top of the mountain so we could enter the cabin. The sign says "Welcome to the slide! Hop on and take a ride! When sliding in Standard Mode, press Up on the (Control Pad) to accelerate. to decelerate, press Down on (Control Pad). Use the Touch Screen to turn more smoothly than the (Control Pad). The slide music starts playing and we start sliding. I fell off the slide.
Take 2- I decide to go down the slide first. I reach the end with 77 coins. I left the cabin and the Star appeared. I took a couple of hits from Goombas. I still need 100 Coins, so I warped to the top. I got the 100 Coin Star at the bottom of the mountain slide.
Star Get #26, 101 Coins, 3 Lives
I returned to the base of the mountain for the mission Star.
Star Get #27, 101 Coins, 5 Lives
The next Star is Li'l Penguin Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment