Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 1-1 Toad Rescue -Part 3- Third Time's the Charm

Toad shows up in World 1-1 this time. After finding him and picking him up, I finally learned to hold the 1 button the whole way through. I did not drop him once. Later in the level, I got the Propeller Suit. I thought this would be an easy victory, flying up over everything, but when I shoke the Wiimote nothing happened. After trying to get Mario to fly for a while, I realized what the problem was. I was carrying Toad over my head, where the propeller was. Toad was standing on the propeller then entire time so I couldn't fly! Drat! These levels are to see how you'll do without power-ups, becuase holding Toad prevents you from using them! I'm not even sure it's safe to use a Starman around a non-playing Toad. Things just got really challenging, but so far, it's okay, because I got to carry Toad through the easiest level! After I carried him to the goal, several fireworks appeared (more positive reinforcement!) and a Toad house opened up. These have lots of goodies (power-ups) to make play playing the game easier. These items can be used at the start of a level to gain an advantage if chosen wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment