Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 1-2 --Toad Rescue- Part 1-Fail

After returning to the map from 1-4, I received a message from one of the Toads in Peach's castle. Apparently, Bowser's minions are stuffing Toads into boxes, which is an effective delay strategy and a nice sidequest. I am to rescue the Toad from the Item Box and carry him to the goal. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite hold on to Toad. Picking up something requires pressing 1 and shaking the Wiimote, according to the onscreen instructions. What the instructions fail to tell you is that to hold onto something requires HOLDING 1 while you want to hold it, or you'll immediately throw it away. Not knowing this, I threw Toad into a Koopa, and he took damage. I tried to get rid of the Koopa, but I sent the shell accidently into Toad, killing him. It ricocheted off the wall and killed me, too. When I tried to restart the level, Toad was gone, so I exited the level, and continued on. Maybe he'll show up again.

1 comment:

  1. he does, i think after you move one or two levels or maybe after you pass the first fort he comes back i cant remember right off the top of my head...wait until you get further in, then it's really fun. Have you gotten to the mushroom huts yet? i personally miss the classic treasure chests because they are easier but you get more items and variety with the new setup provided you manage to collect all of them... chris failed epically the first time... it was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete