Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 1-3 -- Yoshi's Expected Appearance

We meet Yoshi in this world. We get green, blue, and pink Yoshis, but I don't keep mine for long. I am still not used to the controls and run into enemies frequently. I figured out how to do some basic Yoshi controls-eating, hovering. I did not find out how to jump off Yoshi. I did find out that eating 5 fruits makes Yoshi lay an egg with a helpful item. I also found out that Yoshi can eat the players, to their detriment. I ate the other players a couple of times and got eaten once. I regained Yoshi after losing him for a while. Unfortunately, when you take damage while riding Yoshi, you get off Yoshi and he runs around like a madman, only turning for walls and sometimes falling into the void, which is where I lost him. We got all 3 Star Coins. At the end of the level, only Toad still had a Yoshi. He hopped off Yoshi after reaching the goal, and Yoshi waved good-bye. We don't get to keep Yoshi like in Super Mario World 2, which is disappointing. I can't wait until we get to use Yoshi again.
Later, while doing the QSC, I found the red goal near the 3rd Star Coin. Above the 3rd Star Coin is a ledge with hidden coins. Above that is the pipe to the red goal. It opens up the path to the cannon, which blasts you to World 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment