Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 1-4-- Not Quite Swimming Like a Fish

I used an Ice Flower starting this level, but shaking the Wiimote does not produced two ice balls at once, like on land. I had to dodge a large school of red Cheep-Cheep, but they swim in straight lines, so they should not be much of a problem this level. I later encountered yellow Cheep-Cheep, which initially startled me because they swam in waves, and I first thought they were coming after me. Their schools form shapes. I lost my Ice Flower and got another, trying to use it on the Urchins, thinking I could get rid of them easily. It freezes them, but they use their spikes to break free soon after, making attempts to kill very dangerous and undesirable. There are several pipes spraying jets of water creating currents. Two Star Coins are protected by these jets of water. I left them along because I currently cannot reach them. I think the Penguin Suit should work here, because in a previous game, a Frog Suit allows you to swim faster and not be affected by the jets. I also may want to try a Penguin Suit/ Starman combination because the last coin is also guarded by an Urchin. I lost my Ice Flower to another Urchin. I know how to swim, but I should get better at dodging so I don't lose my items. I hit another Cheep-Cheep to lose the Super Mushroom. Towards the end of the level, I found blue Cheep-Cheep that will chase you a short distance. These are the enemies I really have to worry about for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment