Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 8-5 -- Tilting Platform of Doom

This level is an annoying automatic side-scroller. I was still in multiplayer mode, which made this level even more difficult. You have to ride a tilt-controlled platform over the lava. Tilting makes the platform move right and left along a track. We both made it to the midgate, but it became very difficult afterward. Periodically, lava pillars taken straight from Super Mario Galaxy will impede your progress. Luigi died in this level and got a continue, and then left. I died from the lava.

Take 2- I used a Super Shroom, which I lost to a Parachuting Bob-omb. I died on a lava pillar.

Take 3- I used another Super Shroom and lost it to a lava pillar- they don't instantly kill, like falling in the lava. I got another, but lost it to a crow and died from another crow.

Take 4- I used a Super Shroom, but lost it to a Para Bob-omb, which I used to get the 2nd Star Coin. I got the 1st Star Coin earlier before the midgate. I died in the lava.

Take 5- I used a Super Shroom and got a Fire Flower and a 100-coin 1-up. I lost my items to crows and died from one.

Take 6- I used an Ice Flower, which I lost to a lava pillar. I got a Fire Flower and lost it to a crow. I reached the end pipe and the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment