Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 8-Airship -- So Glad I Played Galaxy

This level is the last Airship. I used the Helishroom to get the 1st Star Coin. I lost my items to the cannons. I reached an object that looked like a screw. Having encountered these several times in Super Mario Galaxy, it quickly came to me what to do: Shake to Spin. I would have encountered these sooner if I had played every single level in World 1. I powered up at the midgate and lost my Super Shroom to a Mecha-Koopa to get the 2nd Star Coin. I got another Super Shroom, but was not fast enough through the metal blocks, and was crushed and died.

Take 2- I used a Super Shroom and I skipped the 2nd Star Coin. I fell in the void trying to get the last Star Coin. I either need a Helishroom or I need to throw the nearby Mecha-Koopa at it to get it.

Take 3- I used a Super Shroom and skipped both Star Coins. I got a 100-coin 1-up. and reach the Boss Pipe. Bowser Jr.'s Clown Copter is badly damaged and repaired with metal plates. Bowser Jr. kicks it away and gets in a Bowser-sized Clown Copter. He drops giant spike bombs from it. The floor ripples, so I can use Ground Pounds to bounce it into the Clown Copter. The main issues are dodging flames and timing the Ground Pounds so the spike bomb hits the Clown Copter. I lost my Super Shroom to a spike bomb, get in 1 hit and die from the fire.

Take 4- I used a Super Shroom and reached the pipe. I get in 1 hit, but lose my Super Shroom to fire. I got in a 2nd hit, but die from the fire.

Take 5- I used a Super Shroom and reached the pipe. I got in 2 hits before I lost my Super Shroom to the fire. For the last hit, Bowser Jr. drops a bigger spike bomb. I got in the 3rd hit for victory. We find Princess Peach on the top of the ship, but Kamek picks her up and carries her off. A large rock wall descends into the lava, revealing Bowser's Castle, which has a similar style to New Super Mario Bros., but is much bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment