Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 8-1 -- Pele is Angry

This level is very similar to one in World 8 of the prequel. The volcanoes in the background periodically erupt, raining flaming rocks down on the level. The flaming rock can take out anything but the solid rock that the level is made of, including solid white blocks, item blocks, and brick blocks. As if that weren't enough, there are lava pillars that will temporarily block your path. The only enemies are Buzzy Beetles, and to add insult to injury, the only powerups in the item blocks are Fire Flowers, and Buzzy Beetles are fireproof.

Take 1- I got a Fire Flower, but lost it to the flaming rock. I lost the Super Shroom to a lava pillar and fell in the lava.

Take 2- I got a Super Shroom. There are unstable platforms that will tilt and tip over into the lava. Over these, coins will suddenly fly into place, which is a startling distraction. I lose 2 Super Shrooms to Buzzy Beetles and died from a flaming rock.

Take 3- I got a Super Shroom, a 100-c0in 1-up, and a Fire Flower. I used a tilting metallic mushroom platform to get over a lava pillar. I lost the Fire Flower to another lava pillar. I got the first Star Coin and reached the midgate. Under a ledge I see a POW Block and some blocks over the lava. I recognize this as a place to hide a Star Coin in the sky, so I use the POW Block and coins, including the 2nd Star Coin rain down. I fell in the lava.

Take 4- I got a Super Shroom and the 2nd Star Coin. I lost the Super Shroom to a lava pillar, but go up the green pipe and reach the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment