Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Victory!

I finally beat Super Mario Galaxy. I achieved my goal of beating it before its sequel came out. I got the last five stars in one session. I needed the Battlerock's Purple Coins, Cosmic Luigi Underwater Race, Purple Coins in the Forest, the Dreadnought's Purple Coins, and Luigi's Purple Coins. Each star took upwards of ten tries each for a total of over 60 attempts for each star. I didn't listen to the music and stayed calm, which led to eventual victory. On the purple coin missions, I tried getting as many as I could in an attempt, but in some cases, if I missed any, I just had Luigi fall off the edge so I could start over.
After getting the last five coins, I took on Bowser. It took me more tries than I would have liked, partially due to overconfidence and carelessness.
After beating Bowser and rolling the credits, I accessed Grand Finale Galaxy for the final star: The Star Festival. Many of the characters we met earlier in other galaxies were there. It is a purple coin mission that is extremely easy and without any pressure. As Mario, I talked to everybody while getting the coins. As Luigi, I grabbed the coins quickly. The Toad Brigade were made into Royal Guards, with Red Toad as the leader. He said no one would ever kidnap the princess again. After getting the coins (one is on the Starshroom), a Star appeared. I could not go into the Castle. Before I got it, a Blue Mail Toad sent me a letter to the Wii Message Board. The letters were from the Mario Staff thanking me for playing to the end. For Mario, there was a picture of him with the princess. For Luigi, there was a picture of him with Rosalina and the Toad Brigade. This was a fun and challenging game and I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy 2, which I will cover in the same depth as New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment