Friday, December 17, 2010

Grandmaster Galaxy - The Perfect Run

The master computer is monitoring all elements of the launch. Roll that beautiful footage! Luma multiplayer go! - Transmission 5
Welcome Back to the Galaxy!

This is it! The last Star! It is also my worst performance. It's a Daredevil Run of The Ultimate Test. Personally, I would have preferred a Green Star, Purple Coin, or Cosmic Clone mission over a Daredevil mission. There are a few changes from The Ultimate Test:

  • Goombas in the first planet are now green birds, so you can't touch them.
  • No midgates.
  • There is one 1-up where the Comet Medal was.
  • There is Galaxy music playing throughout- Gusty Garden in areas 1-3, 4-5 has Good Egg, and the 6 has Bowser's Galaxy Reactor

I died 332 times during the mission. The worst part is that you have to start the level all over again. Cosmic Rosalina does not show up. Trust me, I played this level over 100 times in one session and she didn't show up once. After about 150 tries, I had to ignore my pride, and take on a Co-Star. After seeing what a Co-Star can do, I realized I should have taken one on earlier to make my life easier. They don't make this mission extremely easy, because I kept dying over 100 more times. I used about 8 Co-Stars, coopting Archive staff members Doug and Joe, as well as other visitors to the Archive who were waiting to play videogames. I ultimately got the Star with John as my Co-Star. With his help, I got it in 10 tries. Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Co-Stars are invaluable in the 6th area, because they can knock down the Hammer and Boomerang Bros. If the enemies are near the edge, they can knock them off the platforms and you don't have to deal with them. After taking out the Boomerang Bros., the Star does not appear, but a Launch Star does. When you launch you launch to the connection the Gate planet from Galaxy. The Observatory music plays. Rosalina stands on the planet, and near her, the Star hovers. You can't go into the house. After all I went through to get this Star, I didn't want to risk falling and dying by checking the underside of the planet. Rosalina says "Mario... So you were the one who collected all of the scattered stars... I want to thank you... Your deeds will live on in the memory of the cosmos... May the stars shine down on you..." I jumped to get the last Star.

Star Get #242, Galaxy Complete!, 953 Star Bits, 11 Lives

A message has been sent to the Wii Message Board.

Interlude

Mario lands back on the deck of the S.S. Mario.

Lubba- "Chee?" Well, I'll be... All your hard work has brought the lady of the shooting stars right to our own little ship! "Chee?" Feels like forever since we've seen each other. But she hasn't changed!

Lubba draws our attention to Rosalina standing next to him on the green patch on the deck.

Rosalina- "Oh!" I want to give you my thanks.

That's it. She doesn't give you anything but her thanks. This is another violation of the reward principle. Oh, well. It's over! It's finally over! Thanks to everyone who helped me. After defeating the Boomerang Bros. I shook John's hand vigorously and he says I nearly broke it, which is untrue. I was extremely happy that I beat this game. What shall I play next?

No comments:

Post a Comment