Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 6- Castle -- This Level Seems Familiar

This level contains lots of lava. It also contains swinging platforms like 4-Castle in the New Super Mario Bros (DS). Negotiating these platforms is relatively easy for me, but I found getting the 1st Star Coin to be difficult. I died from falling in the lava.

Take 2- I used a Super Shroom and got an Ice Flower, which I lost to a Podoboo. I lost my Super Shroom and died from a spike ball.

Take 3- I get the above items and fell in the lava.

Take 4- I got the above items and a 100-coin 1-up, reached the midgate, lost the Ice Flower to a spike ball that dropped from over head and died in the lava. After the midgate there are spike balls rolling near the ceiling while you are close the lava. You have to negotiate platforms, some of which that move, while periodically, some of the spike balls will be allowed to drop down on you. There are a finite number of them, so it may be a good idea to wait them out. Some, due to their timing, may never actually fall on you.

Take 5- I get the above items and die in the lava due to a badly timed jump.

Take 6- I get the above items and lose my Ice Flower to a spike ball. I carefully dodge the lava and the rest of the spike balls and get a Fire Flower near the boss door. Morton's battle room is set up a lot like Larry's room, but Kamek's magic affects the columns differently. Morton demonstrates that when he pounds the ground, the two surrounding columns will rising completely to the ceiling, which will crush anyone in the way. Of course, my strategy will not allow him to pound the ground a second time. After the first hit, I lose the Fire Flower from touching his shell. Before he can pound the ground, I get in the last two hits.

We find Bowser Jr. on the roof yet again. He is abandoned by the Airship, signalling another Airship level.

No comments:

Post a Comment