Friday, April 30, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 7-Fort -- Barely Making it Out Alive

This fort is a little unusual. The first part of the level takes place outside. There is a platform that will carry Mario to the top, and Mario can control the side-side direction it goes. There are lots of Bullet Bills. I used the Helishroom, but lost it to a Bullet Bill. I skipped the 1st Star Coin because of the Banzai Bills. I reached the pipe at the top of the area, which led inside the fort. I powered up at the midgate. I lost the Super Shroom to a Bob-omb, got another, and lost it and died from a Bob-omb.

Take 2- I got and lost a Super Shroom to a Bob-omb and died from Bob-omb.

Take 3-6 - Died from a Bob-omb.

In between, I won 6 1-ups in a 1-up Toad House, got 2 Ice Flowers. I used the Ice Flower and lost it to a Big Bubba- man-eating fish, to save Toad and get 3 Super Shroom. I got an Ice Flower and a Fire Flower, and a Helishroom and a Mini Shroom. I was losing too many lives and was not going to make it to the boss if I was not powered up.

Take 7- I used an Ice Flower, but found out that Banzai Bills don't stay frozen for long. I lost the Ice Flower to a Banzai Bill, but get the 1st Star Coin. I reached the midgate and lost the Super Shroom to a Bob-omb. I reached the boss door. Ludwig shoots blue fire that matches his hair which moves in a circle. He can also jump and hover like Yoshi, but for a much longer time, making him extremely difficult to hit. I should hit him quickly after the shell cycle to make sure he cannot shoot any more flames and will not jump and hover. I got in one hit, but died from the blue flame, which is difficult to dodge when it is low in the circle and Ludwig is in his shell cycle.

Take 8- I used a Super Shroom and got an Ice Flower. I lost the Ice Flower to a Bob-omb and the Super Shroom to Ludwig and died from the blue flame.

Take 9- I used a Super Shroom, and like clockwork, Super Guide appears. Even if I go somewhere else, it will keep track of my attempts for a particular area. I lose the Super Shroom to Bob-omb, but get another. I lose my Super Shroom and die from the blue flame, after getting in one hit.

Take 10- I used a Super Shroom and lose it to a Bob-omb, and die from another Bob-omb.

Take 11- I used the Fire Flower and lose it to a Bob-omb. I got an Ice Flower and lost it and the Super Shroom to a Bob-omb. After a lot of skillful dodging, I got in 3 hits to defeat Ludwig. I'm going to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment