Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 6-5 -- Big Fish, Small Problem

I used a Super Shroom to start the level. There is a respawning Porcu-Puffer here that will probably eat Mario alive. I got a Fire Flower and use it to kill the Porcu-Puffer again and again while negotiating the rising tide. I get the 1st Star Coin. I reached the midgate, but lost the Fire Flower to a Koopa. I got the 2nd Star Coin and died from the Porcu-Puffer.

Take 2- I used a Super Shroom and get another Fire Flower so I can kill the Porcu-Puffer. I got the 2nd Star Coin. I used a Propeller Block to get a 100-coin 1-up and reached the goal.

I feel a greater sense of flow now. I can now get in the equivalent of one world in 2.5 hours or less. By an equivalent of one world, I mean I game Fort to Fort, rather than Castle to Castle. I feel that my skills with the game have improved tremendously from when I started. Lots of practice has helped. I should be finishing the game (beating Bowser) next week as I have just finished beating 8-Fort. I plan to go back through the game to get all of the Star Coins, and beat the levels that I skipped. Those levels will probably be called "Quest for the Star Coins". When I actually do this is unknown, because I plan to finish Super Mario Galaxy before Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes out in late May and I really want to get that game started.

No comments:

Post a Comment