Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 6-Fort -- Pagoda Fort

This level has a long, wide spike pillar running through the center, moving independently, like the central column in a pagoda. I get an Ice Flower and a 100-coin 1-up. I lose the Ice Flower to a Dry Bones. I reach the midgate and discover that there is another spike pillar coming down from the ceiling and the two meet where one of the Star Coins is located. I skipped it and got an Ice Flower. I use the cannon pipes to shoot to levels, but I didn't time it well the first time, and shot into the pillar. I lost my items and died on the pillar.

Take 2- I used a Super Shroom and got an Ice Flower. I skipped the Star Coins and got a Fire Flower near the boss door. This boss is Morton Koopa Jr. and he is flanked by two spike pillars and two slight columns to contain his shell spin. The pillars alternate when they lower. Morton also pounds the ground like Roy in World 2. However, there is not enough room to dodge Morton when he is spinning in his shell, so you have to stand under the spike pillars. I touched the pillar, but I get in 2 hits before I die from touching his shell.

Take 3- I use a Super Shroom, get and lose an Ice Flower to the pillar and get and Fire Flower. I lost both items to Morton, but I got in the 3 hits and dodged him on the column platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment