Friday, March 26, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 5-Fort -- Nice Platforming

I am still going solo on this level. This level contains a moving spiked wall that covers and uncovers platforms. There are a few Dry Bones, but the main challenge is negotiating the platforms while avoiding the spiked wall. I got and lost a Super Shroom to the spike wall and the spike wall killed me.

Take 2- I got a Super Shroom and the 1st Star Coin. I get and lose an Ice Flower to the spike wall. I eventually reach the Boss Door. Iggy shoots green flames and jumps on 3 raising and lowering platforms. This is kind of like the battle in 1-Castle, but there is nothing to contain Iggy in a smaller area. I got in one hit, but touched the shell. Fortunately, with the platforms, and Iggy's shell timing, there is always a height advantage to be had in avoiding his shell. I got in the last 2 hits and sent him to the castle.

Since World 4, the Koopalings will not stand on top of the Castle while they wait for you. All of them so far will stand on top of the Fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment