Monday, March 22, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 4- Fort -- Abrupt Change in Scenery

For a beach world, this level feels very industrial. I am killed by blocks/platforms that fell off the conveyor belt. That was fast. Take 2- I go up a pipe, with no power-up and skip the Star Coin. I use the block/ conveyor belt combination to reach higher places. I get an lose a Super Shroom to a Dry Bones and power up at the midgate. I use a Propeller Block to get higher up and reach the pipe that is producing the blocks. I have to wait a while for one I can jump over. I miss another Star Coin in the falling staircase, but reach the boss door. I enter the battle room immediately without entering a corridor. Wendy shoots rings that bounce around the room for while, then disappear. I got in one hit, then I touched her shell and died. Take 3- I get a Fire Flower from 8 red coins and reach the boss. I use the fireballs, but stop because they take more time and precision (plus, you don't get as many points). I get in a hit after she hits me with her shell. I get in another hit after the shell cycle, before she makes another ring. The old ring disappears during the cycle, so I don't have to dodge 2 things. After she gets out of that cycle, I get in the 3rd hit. Victory! Wendy hops over to the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment