Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 6-1 -- Precarious Platforms

I got a Super Shroom and dodge a Spike with a spike ball that it drops straight down. There are thin platform ledges, like in the prequel, where Mario must side-shuffle, because walking normally causes him to fall and hang on the ledge. Mario can move while hanging from the ledge as well. Timing is crucial here, because Mario moves much more slowly and cannot jump as high or as far. I lose my Super Shroom to a Bullet Bill and get another. This level has stone ladders to climb. I lose the Super Shroom to a Koopa. A precarious ledge goes under a rock wall, so Mario has to cross by hanging on and side-shuffling with his hands. I power up at the midgate and get an Ice Flower and the 2nd Star Coin. I lose the Ice Flower to a Bullet Bill. I get a 100-coin 1-up and another 1-up at the goal because there were enough Bullet Bills when I reached the flag pole. This world is getting off to good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment