Monday, March 22, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 3-4 -- Absolute Disaster!

I tried doing this level in multiplayer mode. It was nothing short of a disaster and is making me reconsider wanting to play this game in multiplayer. I played initially with Sarah Raezler, but the two of us could not make it through the level. Soon, she switched out with another Archive staff member. We still could not beat the level. Soon, he swapped out with someone waiting for a system to open up. We finally beat the level, but not before I got 7 continues. Up until this point, I had 1, maybe 0 because I had to restart, so that continue I received on 2-1 may not even exist on my file. Anyway, I am now up to 8 continues, just from this one session. Becuase that accounts for over 35 lives lost, I will not post details on every single take. This level has several sliding platforms, which can easily crush a player who does not get out of the way. This caused many of the deaths in this level, but not compared to the number of deaths from falling in the void. There are block outlines, showing that this level could be much easier and have lots of secrets. They mostly cover the void. There aren't very many enemies, but there doesn't need to be. We maybe got one Star Coin out of this level. The level is much harder after the midgate. There is nothing to save you from falling in the void and the moving platforms are slippery. After much trial and error, we beat the level, but after another game over, I had to restart the level. All the other Player 2s left, so I beat the level solo in a few more tries. Wait a second- the flag is red! Only secret goal flags are red! What's going on here? The goal at the very end of the level is supposed to have a black flag! Oh, we're not going to the castle just yet, we have to make a quick detour to 3-5 and the switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment