Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 6-3 -- Piranha Plant's Home

After 6-1, the path on the map forks into 2 paths. The path to the left has 2 levels, one of which is marked with a fruit bush with the fruit Yoshi likes to eat. This level most likely has Yoshi in it, but I'm taking the path on the right because it should be faster. It has one full level and a Toad Rescue, which should go quickly and easily, and I want to get to the Fort and its save point as soon as possible.

This is a pipe world on the map, but most of the level takes place inside the pipe, which is much more spacious than the width of the pipe from the outside would lead you to believe. I lose my Super Shroom to a giant Piranha Plant in a pot on a rising and lowering pole. I get another Super Shroom and the 1st Star Coin. I kill a Piranha Plant with a Buzzy Beetle shell, but lose my Super Shroom to a Buzzy Beetle and die from a Piranha Plant.

Take 2- I use a Super Shroom and get a Fire Flower, which I lose to a Piranha Plant. I get the 1st and 2nd Star Coins, but lose my Super Shroom to a Buzzy Beetle. I get another Super Shroom and reach the midgate. I get a Fire Flower and find an are with 3 Piranha Plants. There is a secret pipe above them that goes above ground. There is the 3rd Star Coin, which I can't reach from here. I go back down and go through the next tunnel over by wall jumping. I reach the pipe and get the 3rd Star Coin. I later use water to reach an area so I can wall jump above ground and reach the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment