Monday, March 22, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 3- Castle -- Circus on Ice

This is a difficult level, because they incorporated the ice theme into the level. This level has one of the annoying snaking block platforms, made more annoying because they're icy and slippery, as denoted by the subtle fuzzy and crystal appearance. I have to contend with spikes and icicles in this level. I did this level initially multiplayer, but both of us got game overs and had to start over. I will just detail the solo mission. The large icicles fall on the snaking platform, and when done well, make it easier to avoid the spikes in the middle of the level. I reach the end of this area to find large ice cubes blocking my path. Some of them have black spots in them. There is a pipe spewing Bob-ombs, so I use one to clear through the ice (fireballs don't work here). The second time, I blow up an ice cube with a black spot, which sends a chain reaction throughout some of the other ice cubes. There were Bob-ombs frozen in the ice. I get on another snaking block platform. I get the first Star Coin in an area with Donut Lifts. After the red coin ring, I find an area with bouncy balls like the one Lemmy used in the Fort battle. I use them to get the third Star Coin. They nearly bounce me onto the spikes and I nearly miss the snaking platform to the boss door. This time, Kamek makes Lemmy's circus ball grow huge. He uses it to bounce high, then come down on Mario to shove him off the edge. I went off the edge and could not wall jump, so I died. Take 2- Cutting to Lemmy's battle, I gathered enough speed to wall jump high enough to hit Lemmy. I hit him again after the shell cycle and touched him, losing my Fire Flower. I hit him again after the shell cycle, before he could use magic to make his circus ball appear. This world is finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment