Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 5-4 -- Purple Water Rafting

This level seems normal enough. I got a Super Shroom from an invisible block. After going through a pipe, I land on a raft. I get an Ice Flower and kill off some Koopas with a frozen Koopa. I miss the 1st Star Coin. I hear a ding and the raft stops. The circles on the raft are red and have the number 5 in them. Five or more enemies will stop the raft, (the number will not go higher than 5), allowing you to get a lot of coins or 1-ups depending on how you defeat them. I got a Fire Flower and killed off most of the enemies, but lost it to a Goomba. I get an Ice Flower and kill of the Micro Goombas. They appear on their own, but behave the same way as in Super Mario World 3, which means they hover around you, impeding your ability to jump. Spinning will get rid of them. I lose my Fire Flower to a Bob-omb and my Super Shroom to a Piranha Plant. All of the enemies are falling from the sky. I die from a Bob-omb.



Take 2- I get a Super Shroom and an Ice Flower. I got the 1st Star Coin from stepping on a frozen Koopa. I lose both of my items to a Goomba and a Koopa. The raft stopped several times because it is easy to let the enemy count get out of control. Thankfully, every item block has a power-up. I cleared the raft with Koopa shells. I got a Super Shroom and lost it to a Micro Goomba. I die from using a Pow Block, which activated and detonated a nearby Bob-omb.



Before Take 3, I played some games to get some items. I got a Penguin Suit, a Starman, and a Mini Shroom, 3 Super Shrooms, and 5 1-ups. I then returned to 1-1 where I got the 2nd Star Coin there. (Now that I have all of that level's Star Coins, I got some more applause.)

Take 3- I used a Super Shroom and get a Fire Flower and the 1st Star Coin. I lose the Fire Flower to a Koopa, get an Ice Flower, and lose it to a Piranha Plant. I get a 100-coin 1-up and die from a Bob-omb. This level is difficult because it is easy to lose control of the enemies on the raft, and the water is purple, but fortunately every item block on the raft part of the level is a power-up. I also like the music in this world.

Take 4- Use Super Shroom, get Ice Flower. Got and lost both a Fire Flower and an Ice Flower to a Goomba and a Koopa. I got another Ice Flower and lost it to a Piranha Plant. I kill that Piranha Plant as well as a giant one with a frozen Koopa. I die from a Bob-omb.

Take 5- Use Super Shroom and get Ice Flower. I got the 1st Coin and a Fire Flower, which I lost to a Bob-omb. I missed the 2nd Star Coin. There are lots of enemies falling down from the sky near the pipe. I lost the Ice Flower, which I left sitting on the raft until I needed it, but lost it and my Super Shroom to a giant Piranha Plant. I get to the pipe and reach the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment