Friday, March 26, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 4- Airship -- Ditched!

We find Bowser Jr. yet again on the roof of the castle. He taunts us as usually, but the airship leaves without him. He jumps off the castle and we follow him as he tries to catch up with the airship. It is like the airships from Super Mario World 3 with remixed music. It is not an automatic side-scroller. The crates can be ground-pounded. The challenge is to dodge the flames that arch 180 degrees. There are also Mecha-Koopas to deal with. We ground-pounded through crates to a pipe. Yellow Toad had difficulty staying on the screw, and died a few times. I tried to avoid popping his bubble, but it got in the way. He wanted to stay out of the way so I could get through because I am better at it. After getting the 2nd Star Coin, the area got tricky with Bob-ombs and flames. Yellow Toad lost his last life here, so I was left to face Bowser Jr. alone. Before I could face him, I had to use a Propeller Block to reach the level. Bowser Jr. has his own Clown Copter now. I was regular Mario, but with the Propeller Block I needed to reach him, I was protected somehow from his fire. After 3 hits, he was defeated. I saved the game again (you can save right after the castle, as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment