Monday, March 22, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 4-1 -- No Place for Penguins

This is a beach level, with part of the level underwater. I get and lose a Penguin Suit. I can't reach the first Star Coin nor the Red Coin Ring. There are large and small Cheep-Cheeps here, including blue ones that chase me near the pipes with current jets. I get and lose another Penguin Suit to a blue Cheep, but I get a 100-coin 1-up. I utilize a Starman, but do not get a 1-up. I reach the midgate and get another Penguin Suit. I miss another Star Coin. Twice I lose and gain Penguin Suits. I see giant Urchins, that don't move and mostly sit at the bottom. I fail to ground pound them after freezing them and lose my Penguin Suit. I reach the goal under the stair pipes. Swimming is very different with the Penguin Suit. Instead of pressing (2) to keep from sinking, the suit allows you to completely control it in water using the control pad. This was startling at first and takes some getting used to.

1 comment: