Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Super Mario Bros. Wii 9-5 -- Penguin Tower

This is a vertical ice level. There are a few P-switches to produce moving yellow platforms so we can progress. The first P-switch is on the right side. We have to dodge penguins to reach it. After using the platform to ascend, I climbed higher up the path with ice blocks. I got a Penguin Suit and slide down the slope with a pipe and jumped up to get the 1st Star Coin. Soon after, the 2nd Star Coin is on the left side. I wall-jumped and spun to reach it. It took a few tries. Nearby on the right side is the next P-switch. Past that are a bunch of Fuzzies. Once you get past the large ring, there are 2 rings, one with 2 Fuzzies and four blocks, and another with just a Fuzzy. Over the lone Fuzzy is the 3rd Star Coin. I froze the lone Fuzzy while standing on a block in the ring and used it as a platform so I could jump to the Star Coin. Alternatively, you can use a Propeller Suit if you have one. At the top of the level are 3 more Fuzzies in between small ice platforms. The pipe to the goal is to the left. I froze the Fuzzies and used them as platforms to reach the pipe. I then made it to the goal. This took me 26 tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment