Thursday, July 28, 2011

Snowman's Land - Snowman's Big Head

This is the 10th course.
N64
In the room with the mirrors, on the left wall is the entrance to Snowman's Land. The entrance is on the wall, where the painting of Cool, Cool Mountain is reflected. The Cool, Cool Mountain music plays. In the center of the course is a giant snowman, which is where we find our first Star. We go over the snow to the snowman's left, passing a frozen lake and come to a lake that will deplete Mario's health. In the lake is a snow-covered platform. Towards the snowman is an infinite series of snow drifts that will try to push you into the lake. With a triple jump, Mario can reach the ledge behind the snow drifts. We follow the path up the snowman to the level of about his neck. There is an ice bridge in front of the snowman with a penguin walking across it. Once Mario touches the bridge, the snowman says "Hey! Who's there? What's climbing on me? Is it an ice ant? A snow flea? Whatever it is, it's bugging me! I think I'll blow it away!" Wind comes out of his mouth, and it will blow Mario away and separate him from his cap. His cap will be near where you land. We must use the penguin to protect us, as he stays on the bridge. I was blown off a couple of times. Without his hat, Mario takes massive amounts of damage. This Star took me four takes to get, because I kept falling off the bridge and taking lots of damage without Mario's hat. On Take 4, I used the penguin as a shield, because I couldn't jump onto the penguin's head. I then backflipped to the top of snowman's head (or you can walk around) and the Star is there.
Star Get #76, 11 Coins, 10 Lives

Nintendo DS
We take the same path up the snowman. The snowman gives the same speech. After several attempts, I jumped on the penguin's head and let him walk to the other side of the bridge. The penguin periodically backs up, so don't jump off until he reaches the other side. At the top is the Star, as well as a block with the Wing Cap feather.
Star Get #96, 13 Coins, 4 Lives
The next Star is Chill with the Bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment