Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tiny-Huge Island - Make Wiggler Squirm

N64
It's time to take on Wiggler! As you may recall, at the top of the cave is a hole. To reach Wiggler, we need to make that hole. How do we do that? All we have to do is go into the small painting. While the island is tiny, we go up to the peak and ground-pound the tiny pool of water. Anywhere will do, but the hole will appear directly in the center, a chime will sound, and the water will drain. We then used the warp pipe and returned to the peak to find the hole large enough to go through. We see Wiggler who says, "Waaaa! You've flooded my house! Wh-Why?? Look at this mess! What am I going to do now? The ceiling's ruined, the floor is soaked... what to do, what to do? Huff....huff... it makes me so... MAD!!! Everything's been going wrong ever since I got this Star... It's so shiny, but it makes me feel... strange..." He's got a Star, which we need. He's also complaining about the floor getting wet, when it's mostly made out of grate, so the water would drain through.

The battle music starts. He's not a super easy boss. All we have to do is jump on him three times. He also deals quite a bit of damage if he hits you, but there are coins around to recover health. This took me three tries. After the first hit, he says, "I can't take this anymore! First you get me all wet, then you stomp on me! Now I'm really, really, REALLY mad! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" This time, he moves faster. After the second hit, he says, "Hey! Knock it off! That's the second time you've nailed me. Now you're asking for it, linguine breath!" He moves faster and turns red. When we finally get in the third hit, he says, "Owwch! Uncle! Uncle! Okay, I give. Take this Star! Whew! I feel better now. I don't really need it anymore, anyway -- I can see the stars through my ceiling at night. They make me feel... ...peaceful. Please, come back and visit anytime."

He shrinks and the Star appears. Wiggler then falls through the grate. The Star is on the center of the grate, on a grassy patch. If we visit Wiggler, we'll have to battle him again.
Star Get #103, 24 Coins, 11 Lives

Nintendo DS
We enter the small painting and go to the peak to ground pound the pool. The chime sounds and the water drains. We used the warp pipe and we go through the newly-formed hole at the peak. Wiggler gives the same speech and the battle starts. He says the same thing after the first and second hits, and turns red after the second. After the third hit, he gives the same speech, shrinks, and falls through the grate. The Star appears in the center of the grate over a grassy patch.
Star Get #126, 23 Coins, 4 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment