Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tall, Tall Mountain - Blast to the Lonely Mushroom

N64
This is a tricky Star to get. I got 100 Coins in this mission with Red Coins, Goombas, the purple enemy, and the slide. I also opened the cannon with the Bob-omb Buddy, near where the Star in the cage landed. Getting the coins took me 4 tries.
Star Get #95, 100 Coins, 19 Lives

A sign near the Monty Moles warns about strong gusts. If we drop down, the gusts will pick us up, showing us a ledge under the main part of the mountain. We land on the ledge, and sidled around to the cannon. We aim towards the mushroom, with very little mushroom visible. We fly into the Star so we don't go into the void.
Star Get #96, 46 Coins, 21 Lives

Nintendo DS
I decided to get 100 coins here. While trying to grab the purple enemy, I dove off the mountain.
Take 2- I got 6 Red Coins, more coins laying around, some coins from Goombas, and the coins in the sky. There is a Wing Cap for Mario at the peak. I had the Bob-omb Buddy open the cannon. I got the last of the 100 Coins in the sky, so I had to fly to the Star.
Star Get #116, 100 Coins, 6 Lives

I tried to jump down to the ledge, but I jumped where there wasn't a gust, so I fell into the void.
Take 3- I tried to jump where the cannon was, but the gust gave out and I fell into the void.
Take 4- I missed the ledge again.
Take 5- I figured out where the warp to the ledge was. It's on the mushroom next to the mushroom with the item block, that's between two Red Coins. We sidle to the cannon, aim above the mushroom so that only a little of it is visible, fire, and fly into the Star.
Star Get #117, 2 Coins, 5 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment