Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tiny-Huge Island - Rematch with Koopa the Quick

N64
Koopa the Quick is back! It took me a couple of tries to reach him. I used the big painting and went around the island, but using the smaller painting is faster and easier. We have to be small to see Koopa the Quick. He's past the metal balls, across from the bridge into the cave. Before talking to him, take out the Goombas so they don't get in your way. Koopa the Quick says "Long time, no see! Wow, have you gotten fast! Have you been training on the sly or is it the power of the Stars? I've been feeling down about losing the last race. This is my home course -- how about a rematch? The goal is in Windswept Valley. Ready? Go/ Don't Go"
We start the rematch. I ran as fast as I could, but ultimately lost. Koopa the Quick says "I win! You lose! Ha ha ah! That's what you get for messin' with Koopa the Quick. Better luck next time!"
All we need to do is use the warp pipe so he'll reappear where we first found him. We start the rematch and long-jump to victory, running on the bridge. Koopa the Quick says "No way! you beat me...again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes! Here, I guess I have to hand over this Star to the winner of the race. Congrats, Mario!" I won with a time of 0'24"9. The Star appears near Koopa the Quick.
Star Get #100, 14 Coins, 5 Lives

Nintendo DS
We entered the smaller painting to reach Koopa the Quick more quickly. He's in the same location as in the N64 version. We used the warp pipe to make the island big. We need to be Mario for the rematch. He gives the same speech. We race and I lost because some long-jumps became ground-pounds, slowing me down. He says the same thing. I used the pipe so he would reappear. This time I won with a time of 0'24"27. His speech is the same, except he bought Supa Koopa Sprint sneakers. The Star appears near the flagpole.
Star Get #123, 15 Coins, 4 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment