Saturday, February 12, 2011

Whomp's Fortress - Shoot into the Wild Blue

N64
This Star can be a little tricky to get because it requires precise aiming with the cannon. If we miss the target, we'll fly off into the abyss. I got a 1-up on top of the flagpole, then went to the pool of water under the bridges. Nearby is a Bob-omb Buddy with a cannon. He will open the cannon for us. The Star is on a platform that is two platforms below the flagpole. I shot three times for the middle platform, which has a pole that leads to the Star. I missed each of those times and overshot on my fourth try and flew into the abyss.
Take 2- I went straight to the cannon, overshot, and flew into the abyss.
Take 3- See Take 2.
Take 4- I aimed the cannon into a pillar on the middle platform and hit it. I aimed for the back left pillar, which prevented me from overshooting. I slid down the pole and got the Star.
Star Get #7, 9 Coins, 4 Lives

Nintendo DS
I backflipped into the pool and walked over to the Bob-omb Buddy, who prepared the cannon. I undershot into the abyss.
Take 2- I hit the same pillar as in the N64 version. I had to aim higher (not a lot higher) to hit it. (You won't hit most of the things you want to hit if you aim directly for them.) I slid down the pole and got the Star.
Star Get #7, 13 Coins, 3 Lives
The next Star is Red Coins on the Floating Isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment