Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bob-omb Battlefield - Mario Wings to the Sky

N64
Now that we can fly, it's time to tackle this mission. I also got 100 coins here by getting Red Coins, a Blue Coin from a Koopa, and coins from Goombas and Bob-ombs. I also got a 1-up from the flower patch surrounded by coins. After I had several, I went to the highest usable cannon and blasted to the floating iale. I got the Wing Cap and hopped into the cannon on the island. From the cannon, we can see a ring of coins with a coin in the center. If we aim directly for the middle coin, we will get it, revealing a number with a special chime. This is a secret coin, which will produce a number when we discover it. There are 5 secrets total. If we aim for the first one, the updraft will take you to remaining 4 secret coins in the middle of four coin rings. You don't even have to steer. The Star appears, but I don't get it immediately, because we don't yet have 100 coins. I get more coins from the coin rings (the secret coins count as Yellow Coins), which is a little hard due to steering, the wind, and the fact that the coins will only appear when you get close to them. After I got 100 coins, a Star appeared, and I got it first.
Star Get #13, 100 Coins, 5 Lives
After I got the 100 Coin Star, I got the Star from the secret coins. You won't leave the course if you get the 100 Coin Star.
Star Get #14, 100 Coins, 7 Lives

Nintend DS
When we land in the battlefield, there are red item blocks available for our use. We attempted to get 100 Coins. The posts near the Red Coin blue Star produced 5 coins each. We took a hit from 4 Goombas, the Chomp, 2 Bob-omb and a metal ball. I got a 1-up from the flower patch and another under the bridgeto the mountain. When I reached the cannon to the floating island, I had 85 coins. Once on the island, there was a sign saying "When Mario gets Wings from a ? Block, he'll be able to fly. Perform a triple jump to take off. In Standard Mode, once Mario's in the air, press the (Control Pad) Down to ascend and press it Up to descend. Press (R) to stop flying." At least they don't make assumptions about our knowledge of planes.
We get the Wing Cap, which appears as a feather instead of a cap. we get a message: "With Wings on his cap, Mario can take to the skies! Triple jump to take off and crouch to land. In Standard Mode, press the (Control Pad) Up to descend and Down to ascend. Ready for takeoff? We jump into the cannon and aim for the center coin. Unlike the N64 version, we only get the first two secret coins this way. We collect coins from the rings, as well as the secret coins after a couple of passes and recharges. I got the 100 Coin Star first.
Star Get #18, 100 Coins, 6 Lives
After I get the 5th secret coin, the Star appears on the battlefield near the four posts where the Red Coin Star will appear.
Star Get #19, 105 Coins, 8 Lives
Now that we have Mario, the Toads will give us different messages.
The next Star we will cover is Find the 8 Red Coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment