Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rainbow Ride - Coins Amassed in a Maze

N64
The coins referred to in the title are Red Coins. If we go straight ahead from the hub, we will see the maze made of rock. Before we get the Red Coins, we go to the far edge of the maze (near the Blue Coin Switch) and wall jump up the side of the maze. (Blue Coins will appear here). There is a Bob-omb Buddy there who'll open the cannon, which we'll need in a later mission. The Red Coins are found in a maze that looks like it could be 2D, but isn't. Closer to the hub, there is a moving yellow platform that will help us get into the maze. Just outside the maze is a Red Coin. We backflip onto the yellow platform and long-jump to a Red Coin near where the Star will appear. There is another one between the stairs, three above them, and one below them near a flame orb. At the top, we long-jumped across a gap and jumped near a flame orb (towards the hub) for the last Red Coin. The Star appears on the ground, closer to the far edge of the maze.
Star Get #115, 26 Coins, 5 Lives

Nintendo DS
You'll want to do this mission as Mario. I decided to get 100 Coins in this mission. There are lots of coins lying around, plus several from attacking Lakitu. I misjudged a jump and fell off left of the hub. I talked to the Bob-omb Buddy after wall-jumping up the side of the maze away from the hub. The Blue Coins bring my total to 70. The Red Coins are in the same locations as in the N64 version. The Star
Take 2- I got some coins from the area immediately left of the hub. The Star appears closer to the far edge, on the ground. Before we get it, we still need a few more coins. I then fell off again in the area to the left of the hub.
Take 3- I jumped off.
Take 4- I fell off killing Lakitu.
Take 5- I slid off.
Take 6- Fall damage.
Take 7- I fell off.
Take 8- I slid off.
Take 9 - I fell off.
Take 10 - I fell off.
Take 11- I got 56 Coins before going to the maze. The Blue Coins and Red Coins brought my total to 100 Coins.
Star Get #140, 100 Coins, 3 Lives
I then got the Red Coin Star.
Star Get #141, 100 Coins, 5 Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment