Saturday, October 9, 2010

Flip-Out Galaxy - Wicked Wall Jumps

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
This is one of my least favorite galaxies. It is a reference to Flip-Swap, and it may make you flip out with rage. It has the Flip-Swap music. The galaxy is made of stone walls. There are 2 Star Bunnies at the beginning. The blue Star Bunny says spin to make ledges pop out and go back in. There are red and blue ledges that alternate from coming out and going into the walls, similar to the hinged platforms in Flip-Swap. I got a 1-up on a ledge. We shake to make the platforms move so we can walk to the other side of the planet, where a green pipe warps us to the next planet.
I make my way to the midgate and take a hit from a green spiked bird and fell off the planet.
Take 2- I walked directly off the level because I was pushing the joystick while writing notes for Take 1. (This isn't the first time this has happened. I have to stop this!)
Take 3- After the midgate, the path becomes more treacherous. We have to time our jumps and spins, and use backflips and long jumps to progress. We have to negotiate spikes, but I fell off near the wall.
Take 4- I made it past the green birds and the spikes to the next midgate. The next area has ledges that allow for wall jumps over the spikes below. I got a 1-up, but died from the spikes. I wasn't entirely sure what I needed to do here to get across.
Take 5- I died from the spikes.
Take 6- I got the 1-up and noticed the Comet Medal above the first blue ledge. I died from the spikes.
Take 7- I got a 1-up, took a hit from a spider, and died from the spikes.
Take 8- I got a 1-up and died from spikes.
Take 9- I got a 1-up and was knocked off by a ledge I jumped in front of while spinning.
Take 10- I got a 1-up, a 100 Star Bit 1-up, and died from the spikes.
Take 11- I got a 1-up and was knocked off by the spikes.
Take 12- I decided to ignore the Comet Medal for now. I got a 1-up and fell off.
Take 13- Once again, Super Guide (Cosmic Rosalina) appeared. I got a 1-up, and took one hit from spikes. I also figured out how to cross the spikes with minimal damage. At the end of the spikes, we have to wall jump up the alternating blue and red ledges, so have to time our shakes well. We made it up the top of the wall and find the Star in crystal. We crack it open and get the Star.
Star Get #111, 1959 Star Bits, 1676 Coins, 4 lives
I got the Comet Medal by reaching the end of the spikes, wall-jumping up to a stone ledge, and long-jumping to the ledges. and long-jumping back. When I got to the second midgate, Cosmic Rosalina was waiting for me. It took me 29 more tries to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment