Friday, October 8, 2010

Melty Monster Galaxy - A Stroll Down Rolling Lane

0Welcome Back to the Galaxy!

I hate this Star. This Star was so awful that it-dare I say it-makes me have FURY! This was one of my worst performances in the game. There is lightning outside and there is a Rock Shroom waiting for us. We use it to roll off a ramp into a Launch Star. We trip the midgate after landing and get another Rock Shroom. We knock over the bridge to the next ramp, but roll off because there are no backboards to prevent us from rolling off if we don't steer. There are backboards in some areas, where we may need to change direction. Other than that, this level requires tight control of the joystick and steady wits. The ramps and backboards recharge your rolling ability, so once you launch from the bridge, you are rolling until something until you reach the Star or fall off. There are lots of Star Bits in this level, so there are many opportunities for 1-ups. Rolling off is the only way to die.

On Take 6, she appeared. I stopped breathing for a few seconds when I saw her. Super Guide takes human form as Cosmic Rosalina. I've heard her called several things: Cosmic Princess, Cosmic Witch, Cosmic Guide, but I'm going to call her what she is: a Cosmic version of Rosalina. She can help us if we fail too many times (I can't determine a specific number) by taking control of Mario. We can take back control at any point, but if we use her at all, according to the game guide, we will get a Bronze Star instead of a Power Star. I won't be using Super Guide, so I ignore her. She will turn around so she can see where we walk. Even after I gave up and later returned, she was still there, waiting for me. I'm just glad that they didn't put the Super Guide block, because it would be more out of place than the midgate flags.
Some highlights:
On Take 12, I actually made it to the Star. Unfortunately, the Star is surrounded by backboards that I hit instead of jumping over, and was knocked off. This is one of the more frustrating parts of this mission. This happened over 5 times. I also failed to launch because I failed to shake at the Launch Star. On Take 26, I had collected 999 Star Bits, the maximum I can get per mission. Unfortunately, I did not get the Star during that session. I also had to take off my headphones because the music, although awesome, was making me nervous.
On my 64th try, I timed the jump correctly, and made it into the pen where the Star was. Unfortunately, the pen is lined with backboards, so we can't stop and walk to the Star. I decided to not steer because I found out that I could slip between the backboards, in earlier takes, if the aim was correct. It's possible to get a gutter ball while bumper bowling. (Sadly, I've done that.) I also didn't jump, because I could just as easily jump over the backboard and fall off. So I just waited. Mario kept going. Mario, stop rolling. Mario, stop rolling! Stop rolling! Stop rolling! STOP ROLLING! After a while, Mario finally rolled into the Star. Yippee! There is a block in the upper right corner of the pen that will stop Mario instantly, if you can hit it.
Star Get #110, Galaxy Complete!, 3775 Star Bits, 1675 Coins, 9 Lives
Interlude
I have the 110 Stars I need to pass a checkpoint in World S, so I can feed a hungry Luma 2000 Star Bits. After feeding it, it henshins into Flip-Out Galaxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment