Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2-1 -- If I had a Life, I'd hate it

This level contains rising fountains/ pillars of sand coming up out of the void. They show up periodically and disapper, signalling itself with a sand puff at the bottom of the screen, at which time it is safe to jump down, because the sand pillar will rise and catch you. This is how I got the first Star Coin, but I missed the next sand pillar and fell into the void.

Take 2- I got a Super Shroom, but I lost it to a Goomba coming out of a pipe. I then died from a Boomerang Bro.

Take 3- After I got a Super Shroom, I killed the Boomerang Bro and reached the midpoint. I died trying to get the 2nd Star Coin because I missed the sand pillar.

Take 4- Died immediately- missed sand pillar.

Take 5- Got 2nd Star Coin while cycling through the sand pillar, but I died landing on a Piranha Plant.

Take 6- Died on Piranha Plant. I have one life left.

Before Take 7, I went back to World 1 to get some lives. I redid 1-Taod Rescue, which had 3 giant Goombas. I got 3 Super Shrooms, went to 1-Star Shroom House and got a Starman, and then to 1-Shroom House, getting 1 Super Shroom, 2 Fire Flowers, and 1 Ice Flower, and 1 Helishroom. I did not get any more lives.

Take 7- I have to start the level over again and fell into the void missing the sand pillar.
Game Over.
I did not know that once you have 01 lives left and you die, it's Game Over. Other Mario games let you play until you have 00 lives and die. I lost all of my items, so I went back to World 1 for items at 1-Shroom House. I got 2 Ice Flowers, 1 Helishroom, 1 Super Shroom, and 1 Fire Flower.

Take 8- I used the Helishroom to start, which easily got me the first Star Coin. Unfortunately, I lost the Helishroom and died.

Take 9- I used the Ice Flower to start. At the beginning of the level, the Super Guide block appeared. I didn't use it. I got the 1st Star Coin, and was saved by the sand pillar. I died from falling in the void because I did not jump off the pillar, and was instead shooting ice balls (Button 1) rather than jumping (Button 2).

Take 10- Used the Fire Flower, got 1st Star Coin, reached midpoint, got 2nd Star Coin, missed pillar.

Take 11- Used Super Shroom to start, lost it to Piranha Plant. I skipped the Star Coins because I was low on lives, and made it to the goal.

I gained access to 2- Shroom House and got 1 Mini Shroom, 1 Helishroom, and 1 Ice Flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment