Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2-3 -- Star Light, Star Bright

It's dark in here! This level is in a pyramid. There is a small halo of light around Mario and any balls of fire shot from Mario or an enemy. I have to proceed slowly as I cannot see what is ahead. I hit a block to get a Fire Flower, but lost my Super Shroom before I could claim the Fire Flower. After getting the Fire Flower, I took a pipe to a better, but not fully, lit room. At the center was a block that gives Mario a random item, which it cycles through until it is hit. I hit the block to release a Starman. Lucky! When I got the Starman, the room filled with light, except at the corners. I went through the pipe to get back to the main level, which was now better lit. I can see now! I decide to take this wonderful opportunity to quickly gain some ground while I can still see. Using knowledge from New Super Mario Bros, I decided to hit one of the ? Blocks, because if you have a Starman when you hit them, some produced more Starman. I was right and keep going, still able to see. I did not receive another one, and when the second one wore off, the light faded away. I continued on at a slow pace, but found a pipe that took me above ground. There are lots of Spinies, so I got rid of them using a P-switch. I then got a 100-coin 1-up. I lost my Fire Flower to a Fire Snake after getting the 1st Star Coin. I used the halo of light around Mario to find an area for Mini Mario, but I doubt I'll take advantage of it, because I do not want to got through this level as Mini Mario- for one thing, my halo of light might be smaller. After that, I reached the midgate, and lost my Super Shroom to a fire ball, then died from the fire ball of a Fire Bro.

Take 2- I started with an Ice Flower, but lost it to the same Fire Bro, which I then stomped. I got another Fire Flower and the 2nd Star Coin, but I was hit by a fire ball trying to defeat a giant Piranha Plant. I went through a pipe to reach the end of the level. Goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment