Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2- Fortress -- Any Man caught Lollygagging will be Shot on Sight

This is another vertical tower. I climb a mesh metal screen up and go through a door. I hit a P-switch so I can get the silver coins, and then get an Ice Flower which I use to kill the Dry Bones. Periodically, I see purple fire, which comes towards me and I'm hit by it. This could be Roy's magic. I have to keep dodging it because it aims for me. I skip the 1st Star Coin and get to the midpoint. After I'm hit by another Dry Bones, I find a secret area and the 2nd Star Coin. I died on the spikes.

Take 2- I use the Helishroom to start. I might be going through items too quickly. I lose the Helishroom on the spikes, but I reach the boss door. I find myself on a small platform with quicksand on the edges. Roy has been creating the purple fire that I've been trying to dodge. Roy landed on Mario, so he lost the Super Shroom. When Roy lands, he pounds the ground, creating stunning shock waves. While Mario is stunned, he'll send out a purple flame, which killed Mario.

Take 3- I used and lost an Ice Flower on the spikes. I soon get another one, which I lose on the spikes. I reach Roy, but touch him and lose the Super Shroom, and then die from the fire.

Take 4- I used a Super Shroom and got an Ice Flower. I find a secret door on the stair-like platform. I get 2 1-ups here, one for being fully powered up when I got the 8 red coins, and another from 100 coins. I lose the Ice Flower to the purple fire, the Super Shroom to the spikes, and died after I jumped and accidently ground-pounded the spikes.

Take 5- I got the 2nd Star coin, and got a Super Shroom and Ice Flower. I got a 1-up from the secret door. I made it over the spikes from jumping up high. I lost my Ice Flower to the purple fire in the battle with Roy. I defeated Roy by staying off the ground when he pounded the ground.

I gained access to a 1-up Shroom house, level 2-4, and Toad needs my help in 2-1, which is not going to happen. I am not going through that level again without the ability to use my items. I will probably manipulate the game into sending him to a more manageable level, by either dying or letting him die. Game saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment