Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2-2 -- Shrinking for Coins

This is part of my replay after my file got hijacked. This isn't technically a replay because I haven't played this level yet. This level has barrels at the beginning of the level. I roll one down the hill to kill some Goombas. There are several spike balls thrown by green creatures called Spikes. I touch one of the spike balls and lose my Fire Flower. I get another. I lose it and my Super Shroom to another spike ball. I could really use a Starman in this level. Most of the time, I can avoid the spike balls by standing on platforms, but staying safe means I won't progress. I get another Super Shroom to a spike ball that rolls up the hill, slows down, and rolls back down the hill. I die from a Spiny. Take 2- I get a Super Shroom and discover that I can stand on the leaves of palm trees. I get the silver coins from a P-switch. I get an Ice Flower and reach a raising platform with Koopas, like in 3-Fort. I reach the midgate and once again lose my Ice Flower and Super Shroom to spike balls. I get a 100-coin 1-up and die on a spike ball. Take 3- I use a Super Shroom and get an Ice Flower. All this time, I haven't seen a single Star Coin. I find a pipe after a level of spike balls. I get a Mini Shroom and lots of coins here. Once I leave the level, I find a Mini Mario sized pipe. There is a Star Coin here. I use the P-switch to get all the silver coins, which results in applause. The Star Coin is the last one. I exit the pipe and reach the goal. Mario says "Oh yeah, Mario time!" in a helium voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment