Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Note on Super Guide

The Super Guide is a new feature in the game. It appears after a player fails to complete a level after 8 tries. It shows up as a Green ! Block at the beginning or midpoint of the level, with a "Ding" chime, that gets annoying after a while. If a player hits it, Luigi will appear and run through the level for the player. Luigi will not unveil any secrets, but will go to the goal. At any point, the player can stop Super Guide and take over where Luigi left off. I will not be using Super Guide as I want to get through the game on my own steam. I initially found its presence to be insulting, but then I realized that it means that a stuck player does not have to give up playing the game in frustration and can continue playing the game without having to ask a more experienced player or wait until they have the skill to beat it on their own . It's a smart idea to keep the gamer playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment