Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 3-1 -- Penguin Skeleton

I lose my Super Shroom to a creature that looks like a penguin, so that's what I'll call them. Before I was hit, I hit a block to reveal the Penguin Suit! This suit allows the player to slide on their stomach over the ice and slopes. I got the first Star Coin, but while sliding, I ran into a Piranha Plant, but ended up surprisingly unharmed. Maybe it's due to the beak on the suit. However, I lost the suit to a Koopa. I reached the midgate and lose the Super Shroom to another Koopa. I got another Super Shroom after the pipe, and lose it to a penguin. I saved myself several times from the void with wall jumps, but accidently pounded the ground into the void.

Take 2- I got the Penguin Suit (This was done a week after Take 1). After I froze a Piranha Plant, coins appeared over the pipe. I got the 1st Star Coin and reached the midgate. After the pipe, there is an area great for sliding, but while sliding, I missed land and fell into the void.

Take 3- I saw, but did not get the 2nd Star Coin floating above a horizontal pipe. It probably contains a secret if you can freeze its Piranha Plant to enter the pipe. I found another pipe blocked by blocks that also may contain a secret. I got a Super Shroom and a 100-coin 1-up. I saved myself with a wall jump, lost my Super Shroom to a penguin. I needed to build up speed to clear a gap and save myself, did so, and reached the flag post.

If you're wondering about the title, Skeleton is a Winter Olympic sport similar Luge. Whereas Luge involves sliding on your back, feet-first, Skeleton involves sliding on your stomach, face-first. With the Penguin Suit, you slide on your stomach, face-first, like Skeleton, instead of sitting down without it.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Going face first! As if Luge wasn't dangerous enough, haha.

    ReplyDelete