Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2-Castle -- Boom Shakalakalaka

Automatic Side-scroller! I hate these levels! There are so many ways to die in these kinds of levels, more so than others. This level has lava, and in the background, steam comes up from the lava. I missed the first Star Coin; it's on a ledge that can only be reached by Propeller Suit or being very quick and jumping off the first block. That first block holds an Ice Flower, which I can use on the Podoboos, the lava bubbles, which just disappear when hit. The level then splits into 3 platforms. I didn't realize it at the time, but the level gives you clues as to which path to take. The level also provides you with a generous time limit, in case you end up trying each platform once. You have 600 seconds- 10 minutes- to complete the level. I took the top platform first. After it was too late to change platforms, I heard a little bell (Peach-signalling the right path) and the scrolling sped up to the next part of the level. I missed the 2nd Star Coin and the level split into 3 more platforms. I chose the middle path, and heard a buzzer (Bowser-signalling the incorrect path) and returned to the area I just left. I use the opportunity to get the 2nd Star Coin and choose the top path, which is incorrect. I try to freeze the Piranha Plants at the bottom to get to that path, but the ice blocks my path. I lose my Ice Flower so I can progress. I get the 3rd Star Coin using the P-switch, but lose my Super Shroom to a Dry Bones. I incorrectly take the top platform, noticing that the correct path might be the middle one. I then correctly take the middle path and get a Super Shroom before the boss door.

The clues for the platforms are that for the first one, there is a lift that takes you to the top platform, the Piranha Plants guard the bottom path for the second area, and the third one has the middle path blocked by blocks, that turn into coins when the P-switch is activated.

I see Roy at the end of the corridor. Kamek appears and uses magic to make pipes appear over head. Roy climbs into the pipes and comes out a different one, sometime poking his head out of multiple pipes before coming out completely. He then pounds the ground, stunning me, and using magic to defeat me.

Take 2- As this level does not have a midpoint, I have to start it over again. I get a Super Shroom and know the correct paths this time- top, bottom, middle. However, after the first platform, I fall in the lava.

Take 3- After getting a Super Shroom, I lose it to a Dry Bones. I get a 100-coin 1-up and fall into the lava after the 2nd platform.

Take 4- I get a Fire Flower after the first platform to kill the Piranhas, get the 2nd coin, and get back to Roy. I lose the Fire Flower because I was stunned and hit with the fire, and lose my Super Shroom the same way. I hit Roy, but died from his shell.

Take 5- I get through the level just fine. I get in one hit to Roy. He stuns me, but I recover before the fire can hit me because I am far away. Before I can get in my 2nd hit, I touch him and lose the Fire Flower. I die after touching Roy twice.

Take 6- I get a 100-coin 1-up from the main level, as well as the 2nd and 3rd coins. I lose my Fire Flower to the fire. I get in one hit, then a second, because I hit him immediately after he cam out of his shell. I got in the third hit the same way. I get the Bowser Key.

Bowser Jr. takes off on the Airship and heads to World 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment