Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 3-Fort -- Tower of Terror

Considering this is an ice world, there is surprisingly no ice in this level. I'm noticing that the forts are mainly vertical towers while the castles are horizontal levels. This fort has rotating levels that you must climb. Thankfully, this level doesn't scroll automatically, because this takes some practice to master. Something tells me, however, that there will be a level with similar platforms with automatic scrolling. After getting over the platforms, and obtaining an Ice Flower, I get on a rising platform with Amps. If I touch them, they will zap me. Fortunately, I can freeze them. I reach the midgate and get to another rising platform. I get a 100-coin 1-up. I take care of some of the Dry Bones that come onto the platform, but spike balls come up and they and the Dry Bones kill me. Take 2- I use a Super Shroom and get an Ice Flower. I use a frozen Dry Bones like a shell to take out other Dry Bones. I lose both my Ice Flower and Super Shroom and am killed stuck under an Ice Flower block. Take 3- I start with a Super Shroom and get an Ice Flower. Ice doesn't work on the spike balls, but they get rid of the Dry Bones. A POW block got rid of the spike balls when one hit them. The POW gives me a 1-up. I made it up to the boss door. Lemmy is standing on a circus ball. He uses his wand to produce circus balls. I touch one of them, but they don't hurt me! This could be easy. Unfortunately, it isn't easy, and a ball pushes me over the edge into the void, which I can't escape from with wall jumps.

Take 4- I get a Super Shroom and lose it to Dry Bones. I get a 100-coin 1-up. The POW block brings floating coins down to the ground. I died from a Dry Bones.



Take 5- I use a Super Shroom, get an Ice Flower, and lose them both stuck under a block. I die from a spike ball.



Take 6- I use a Super Shroom and the POW block to get rid of the spike balls. I got a 100-coin 1-up. I made it to Lemmy and got in one hit, but when into the void, with a ball blocking my wall jump.



Before Take 7, I attempted to get more Super Shrooms from the Ice Bros in the Toad Rescue levels. I go back to World 2 to use the 1-up Shroom House, getting one 1-up. I go back to World 1 Toad House to get 1 Super Shroom, Helishroom, Ice Flower and Fire Flower. I get more Super Shrooms from 3- Toad Rescue.




Take 7- I have to start the level over. I make it to the midgate and am good until I reach the spike balls.




Take 8- I try using the Helishroom, thinking it will make my life easier in dodging the spike balls. It didn't work as planned, but I got a 100-coin 1-up.




Take 9- I use a Super Shroom. Super Guide appears. I lose again.




Take 10- I use a Super Shroom and get a 100-coin 1-up. I made it to the boss. Lemmy was difficult, but I got in the 3 hits. I was also hit, and small.




Lemmy hopped away through an icy veil. I followed him to 3-4. This level is right before the castle. This was a short world.

No comments:

Post a Comment