Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: 2-6 -- A Change of Scenery

On the map, this level is a mushroom in a canyon of quicksand. Is this some sort of oasis? It's not an oasis, but is it a break from the desert. There is a rotating block on a line path, with coins swinging above it to the music. I unfortunately miss the 1st Star Coin that was right above me. This level requires you to keep moving, because the block is constantly turning, trying to throw you off. It's kind of like some of the secret areas in Super Mario Sunshine. Past some Piranha Plants is the midpoint. I get a 100-coin 1-up, and then find myself face-to-face with a Fire Chomp. Fire Chomps appeared in New Super Mario Bros, so I know what they're about. They have a tail of fire, and use up one flame to spit at Mario. When they use all of them up, they explode. This is how I lost my Helishroom. I got it back from an 8 red coin ring, which I then used for another 1-up at the goal.

On the map, stones appear in the sand to mark the path to the castle and Star Shroom House. Right in front of both are areas that periodically have explosions. I'm a little worried to go near them, but I won't progress if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment