Wednesday, September 1, 2010

After the Final Battle

Mario, Peach, and Baby Luma land back on the S.S. Mario. The cutscene goes back to storybook mode.
Peach: "Ohh." Oh, it's so beautiful.
The Observatory appears with the same music from Galaxy. Baby Luma appears from under Mario's hat and holds it.
Baby Luma: (triangle triangle X triangle X triangle --!)
Lubba: "Chaay!" ... I always thought we would meet again.
Rosalina appears, faded beside the Observatory.
Rosalina: "Ahh...Ha ha ha."
Baby Luma: Mama!
Rosalina: "Hmm hmm hmm." (closed mouth laugh.) I am Rosalina... I watch over and protect the cosmos. I have been waiting for all of you. When that eveil monster took our star power... I was separated from my precious little one... (Wait! Could it be...? That Baby Luma is the Luma left behind on the Starshroom-like area of the Gate planet at the end of Galaxy? Perhaps, but I can't be sure considering the continuity of the Toad Brigade.) But I knew we'd see each other again. Because... "Ahh." There is a force that binds us, defying even time and space... Not even the laws of the universe can stop it. "Hmm!" I knew its gentle pull would prevail. "Mmm." It is the desire to be reunited with someone who is important to you. That pull is what brought us together.
Peach: "Oh."
Rosalina: "Yes." (Not the same "yes" from Galaxy.) We have come through so much (you're telling me) to meet again. This is not some mere whim of the stars... I am sure of that. "Ahh." Mario... "Thank you." Thank you for returning this child to me.
Baby Luma: I will never forget you. Even when I someday become a star myself... I will never forget you, Mario! Never! Ever! I won't forget!
(Mario: I won't forget you either, if you don't give me back my hat!)
Mario nods, Baby Luma flies off with his hat, and Mario reaches for it, says "Oh?", then scratches his head, puzzled, while Peach smiles and waves, laughing quietly.
(Mario: My hat! Come back here, you little stinker! I really need my hat! You don't understand! I take massive damage without it and I have a really bad hair cut.) (I thought that doing this scene with Luigi was going to be a problem, because when I played Galaxy, it looked like the Luma was hiding in Luigi's overalls. (Not in front of the Princess!) Upon closer inspection, he is actually hiding in Luigi's hand.)
Rosalina envelops him with her hands and they fly off.
Rosalina: "Ha ha ha." May the stars shine down on you...
Peach: "Hmm." So the little one was reunited with his special someone!
Mario: "Hmm."
Lubba bumps into Mario and Peach from behind. (Way to ruin the moment, Lubba!)
Lubba: "Wah! Chay!" And you too, pal! Am I right! (The music from the beginning plays.)
Mario: "Ahh!"
Lubba: "Chush!" All right, you two! It's time to get you back to your home planet! (Yes, it is! Finally going home!)
Mario and Peach nod, Mario jumps up with fist raised and says "Wahoo!" Mario takes the helm and S.S. Mario goes into space.
There is new credit music and the credits are interactive. (I love interactive credits. If I have to sit through credits, I want something to do.) We visit some galaxies we traveled to during our adventure, like Supermassive and Yoshi Star. Along the way, we have the opportunity to get Star Bits, get a Bee Suit, and Yoshi. Mario goes hatless the entire way. The credits are also in storybook mode and they will change pages on their own. After a while, we land back home, where we find Bowser, who is now smaller than Mario. We land on his head and bounce into triple jumps. On the last page, we arrive at Peach's castle, where there is a large cake with the pink/yellow fruit on it that Yoshi can eat. There are star-shaped toppings and Red Toad on the cake.
Mario: "Thank you so much for playing my game!"
We then get a message saying "You opened Special World!" A message was sent to the Wii Message board. We have 92 Stars. Let's check out the new world!

No comments:

Post a Comment