Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bowser's Galaxy Generator - Bowser's Fortified Fortress

Welcome Back to the Galaxy!
It's time for the final battle! I have more than enough Stars, so let's see the ending! But first, let's check out the preceding cutscene:
Mario and Lubba are on the deck of S.S. Mario. Both of them are wearing their angry faces. Wind is blowing against them.
Lubba: All right! Time for the grand finale, captain! Somewhere in there... "Chay-chay" Your princess is waiting!
(The cutscene proceeds like the beginning-in a storybook fashion. The Galaxy Generator is shaped like Bowser's head.)
Lubba: What a surprise... It's a comet! It looks like Power Stars weren't the only things getting eaten up around here! It looks like Bowser wants to get even bigger!
(Baby Luma gets excited.)
Lubba: "Chu!" You need to stop that monster before he devours everything in his path! Get in there and show him what ya got!
We will, Lubba! (Anything in quotations in the above cutscene was vocalized and did not appear in a text bubble.)
There is new music when we land in the galaxy. We land on turrets floating in space. There is a Luma to guide us, but we ignore him to go to the left and get a Life Shroom on a flagpole. We launch to the next area, where we take hits from and defeat 3 Hammer Bros who throw multiple hammers. At the edge of the platform is a plant. When we defeat all 3 Hammer Bros, it blooms into Floaty Fluff. We ride it down, over a lava sea, where lava balls are launched out of torches. We did not steer well, and a lava ball hit the Floaty Fluff and destroyed it, leaving us to fall into the lava, where we died.
Take 2- We get another Life Shroom, defeat the Hammer Bros, and successfully take the Floaty Fluff to the next platform, which rotates between 2 walls of lava. There is a drill and a dirt patch, so we drill and fall to the midgate. This planet is a hexagonal cylinder with Banzai Bills moving over most of the path. We walk around the planet, dodging the Banzai Bills and the lava. I fell in the lava with a drill, then hit the electric fence lining most of the path. I drilled in one particular dirt patch for a 1-up. When I drilled in front of the last Banzai Blaster, I reached the Launch Star.
We launched to another midgate, which was another 2D cylinder. We went through the platforms and get the Cloud Suit. We continue, dodging Bullet Bills, until we reach a Luma. He says, "Save your special one and return to us safely." We plan to do so. He henshin in to a Launch Star and we launch to another midgate. This time, we land on a wooden bridge like in Hightail Falls. We kill a Magikoopa, but take a hit first. To the left, is Yoshi, who adds tympani drums to the music, which is more appropriate than the usual bongos. We jumped off the level because I didn't see the Swing Flowers until it was too late.
Take 3- I used the Swing Flowers, but went into a lava pillar and died in the lava. Note to self: wait for lava pillars to go down.
Take 4- I went the alternate path, got a 1-up, but fell in the lava because the path dead-ended there.
Take 5- I make it past the lava pillars, take out the 2 Boomerang Bros. after taking 2 hits. Then, the rock wall parts, revealing a Dash Pepper. I made it to the Sling Star and landed on a snaking platform. I lost Yoshi when we took a hit from a Magikoopa. I followed the platform, but found out I needed Yoshi to dodge the Blaargs, so I fell in the lava.
Take 6- I fell in the lava and gave up at this point.
Take 7- I continued the next day. This time, as previously mentioned, I caught someone playing my file. They had already beaten Bowser and revealed the surprise at the end. I replaced the file with the one from the day before. I got a Life Shroom, took a hit from a fireball, nearly fell off the planet, but saved myself by launching. I took out the Hammer Bros. and reached the midgate. I got a 1-up and launched to another midgate. I took a hit from a Bullet Bill and launched to the next midgate. I got Yoshi, but lost him to the fire. I lost the Life Shroom from hits from the Boomerang Bros. I was then stuck between the rock walls due to bad steering.
Take 8- I was killed by a Boomerang Bro.
Take 9- I reached the Sling Star this time and got the Comet Medal on the left using the Swing Flowers. Unfortunately, I fell in the lava and died.
Take 10- I fell in the lava and died.
Take 11- I slung, got the Comet Medal and got the Blimp Fruit needed to get past the Blaargs. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the platform was moving forward instead of up, so I missed it and the Blimp Fruit ran out over the void when I started chasing the platform.
Take 12- I fell in the lava.
Take 13- I got the Comet Medal and fell in the lava.
Take 14- I made it back on the snake platform with the Blimp Fruit, but misjudged the distance and jumped off too soon and fell into the void just before the midgate. Nooooo!
Take 15- I got a 100 Star Bit, the Comet Medal, and reached the midgate. Yes! There are Lumas waiting for us. There is a Bowser Statue in the background, and the Lumas won't go past it. They say we'll beat him -(of course!)- and to have faith. We can't bring Yoshi with us into the final battle-Awww, man!- because we have to climb a flagpole, which Yoshi can't. We climb up the flagpole to another sealed door. I found a Life Shroom to the left and break the 3 seals with meteorites and reveal the purple beam into the battle arena.
Baby Luma comes out from under our hat. A huge Bowser is sitting in his throne. (My thoughts are in parentheses.)
Bowser: Give it up already! Why won't you stop trying to mess up my awesome master plan?! (Because it's evil!) I'm building my new galactic empire right here! And you can't stop me! (I bet we can!) Why don't you just run off and go find some green pipe to hide in?! (Enough chit-chat. Where's the princess?)
Bowser opens his hand to reveal Peach in a pink bubble. (There she is! Hi, Peach!) She calls out Mario, with better adjusted volume than in Galaxy.
Bowser: Can't you see that I'm busy here?! I don't have time to chat, so let's cut this short...Shorty! (Hey! Who are you calling short? Oh, yeah, Mario's about half Peach's height. Never mind.) Bowser sends Peach away in her bubble. (Bye, Peach!) Bowser jumps off the throne to where we are, and roars, lifting us up to the planet where we shall do battle.
The music is different from the other battles, with chorus singing in the background. Bowser punches the planet with purple fire, creating six flaming energy beams that come together. We jump away to dodge. He sends 3 meteors down to the planet, which land with shock waves. I use one to get in my first hit. I take a hit from a shock wave and get in my 2nd hit. Bowser is stunned and roars. He then breathes fire over the planet. I get in my 3rd hit and get burned by purple fire. I get in my 4th hit and the Grand Star is knocked out of his mouth. Hooray! I did it! I beat Bowser! He falls into dark purple smoke after clawing for the Grand Star and shrinks. We land back on the planet where the throne is and the Grand Star descends. We go to get it and jump for it.
GRAND STAR GE-
-Just before we can reach it, Bowser, still large reappears from the beneath the planet and gobbles up the Grand Star! What, you thought we were finished with this guy? That would be too easy! I have to give Bowser credit for not giving up so easily, although I don't like it. I also didn't see it coming.
Bowser: Hey... guess what, Mario! Breathe a sigh of relief, (why?) because it'll be your last! (Uh-oh.) Know why?! (Nope.) Because this is finally the end! (Yup.) The end of YOU! (This can't be good.)
Bowser blows us away and rolls up and starts rolling through space. Meteors appear under our feet. We have to aim carefully because Bowser changes positions. We get in one hit. We miss two or three times because he changes his location as well as his distance. He can get very close, making him easier to aim for. We get in 2 more hits, then later, the fourth hit. Mario gets in extra hits to show Bowser who's boss.
Bowser: Raawwwrrgh! My powers...gone...My empire...shrinking... My huge cake...Never got a slice...(Aww, too bad. Not that you needed it. Wait, why is it that I can beat Bowser in one take, but I get killed so often getting to him? Bowser is much easier in this game, even easier than Bowser Jr.)
Bowser reaches out, then hangs his head in defeat. He goes back into the smoke and disappears. The music changes to a remix of Peach's Castle and we see her holding onto the Grand Star. As it descends, she is sitting on it. (Things in quotations are vocalized.)
Peach: "Oh!"
Mario: "Oh!"
We land on a flower covered planet. We walk to the other side, where there are Star Bits.
Peach: "Thank you!" (She waves her hand.)
Peach: (after being spun) "Whee!" (she likes being spun around. She'll deflect you with her umbrella if Mario tries to land on her head. Why do I know this? I tried doing it, because there is very little interaction with Peach, but I do not in any way condone violence.)
We get the Grand Star. In the Grand Star Get! sequence, Peach and Baby Luma also appear. (Mario: Hey, you two! Get out of my cutscene! Oh, Baby Luma can stay. He helped.)
This doesn't actually count towards our total, but...
GRAND STAR GET #6!

No comments:

Post a Comment